Who are the Associates of the Ship Repair Association of Hawai’i?
SRAH’s Associate members are Ship Builders/Repairers/Alteration Installation Teams, individuals, firms primarily engaged in the business of building, repairing, or doing alterations to US Military, commercial ships, boats, or crafts, but participate from Off Island (remotely), not having a substantial, permanent presence in the State of Hawai’i. Associate members may also be supportive members and vendors whose business interests include, but are not primarily focused, on the Hawai’i Ship Repair industry.
Membership with SRAH helps create a unified voice to convey the interests of the ship repair industry of Hawai’i to the national association, the Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA) and Congress, which allows us to be more competitive and grow and build the economic health of Hawai’i.
Benefits of Membership:
- General Membership association. The greatest benefit to our members is networking with one another in our island state, with people in our, and associated industries.
- Our association as SRAH, with a variety of large businesses & national/international corporations as well as smaller entities, enhances our individual members’ credibility and stature among our clientele, public and private.
- SRAH membership includes affiliate membership in the Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA), with benefits of derived membership: authorization of your own representation as an SCA member; participation in SCA meetings/business/functions; being a recipient of SCA-derived solicitation (providing your input); coordination of issues with Navy/other government customers; and legislative liaison at state, regional and national levels.
- With SRAH’s comprehensive awareness and coordination, we are better capable of understanding and addressing ship repair customers’ (including U.S. Navy’s) interests and concerns. We are thereby better postured to secure sound, viable ship repair tasking for our national interests in the Pacific Theater, here at our nation’s vanguard, the State of Hawai’i.
- Technical advice and coordination through our association among one another, at no cost.
- Opportunities to serve on committees or in individual representative capacities, to further our influence and/or development in areas which best feature and position your company and our full SRAH team for success.